Sunday, September 29, 2013

Graffiato in Washington DC

 
My sister, Cheryl, came to visit me so we could go to the FUN concert in Charlottesville, VA 09/26/2013.  After one day of recovery, we headed up to DC (her first trip there).  I was determined to hit Mike Isabella's place, Graffiato and did just that!  It's at 707 6th street NW.  www.graffiatodc.com We were fortunate enough to be there for brunch and each chose the "Booze and Bites".  We each tried two different items in addition to a Bloody Mary that was delicious!!  Cheryl had the Broccolini and NY Strip.  I had the Meatballs and Charred Octopus.  Oh mercy...good times!

 
Incredible Bloody Mary with an Olive and Fresh Mozzarella...not to mention, the bartender was a cutie patootie!
 
 
Meatballs with anson mills polenta and a farmed egg.  Fortunately for me, my sister was freaked out by the lightly cooked egg so she didn't want any...it was grand!

 
Cheryl's Broccolini with Red Pepper Relish, Walnuts and Feta.

 
My Charred Octopus with tomato mostarda, romaine and mint.  Another thing Cheryl refused to try...score two for me!

 
Cheryl's NY Strip with Salsify, Pancetta and Wild Mushrooms.
 
Everything was wonderful, the service was great and the atmosphere was groovy.  Mikey...I expected nothing less...just wish we would have gotten to meat you.  Maybe next time!

1 comment: